Monday, July 11, 2011

Doggone!

Parody is the highest form of admiration, right?

Well, you've gotta check out our dog-sitters new blog, Harley Dog on the move. I guess this trip has inspired the little white fluff ball who animates our home, and now hers...

The content is below in case you didn't click on the hypertext above. Enjoy! It certainly has given us comic relief in the midst of too much to do with too little time!!!

One more sleep...

Jeff and Jill

Want Snuggle-Therapy? I'll Travel
Three more sleeps and I'll board a car to visit friends. While there, I'll certainly share my passion...me. Why? I can't help it. Sit with me for more than a few minutes and I'll turn the conversation to this life-giving way of petting, snuggling, and setting shared goals for my convenience.

I'm excited about myself because of my effectiveness. I've used my snuggles to heal and save others' emotional well-being, and I've been told by numerous other people that its helped them in the same way. Not only that, but once a person learns snuggle-therapy for themselves they inevitably share it with others!

I didn't choose to go to Western Springfield...first it came to us. In the fall of 2010 a couple who lives there came to visit my masters. There was values resonance between them, so they decided to consider building a friendship. This couple came to our home for meals and fellowship. While with us they offered to keep me while my masters visited India. I stayed for a trial visit a few weeks ago, and this evening at about 8 pm, I expect to be bedded down in their home in Western Springfield.

You might be curious about the route to get there. July 11, 730 pm depart Home for Western Springfield. Later that night (8pm) arrive there (a direct drive). What will I do in the car? The Dog Whisperer's advice is to enjoy the ride, watch the scenery, and look generally excited and happy to go for a ride.

It's humbling and exciting to be invited by these friends to visit, and just as humbling that they have wanted this to happen badly enough that they've supported this trip. That by itself has created a very serious sense of responsibility to do well with the opportunity to make an exponential number of friends, and to share freely with them what has been given to me.

What am I doing today (with 8 hours to go)?

The usual whining for food, looking cute, and begging for attention should suffice.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for the encouraging thoughts and messages you've been sending my way!

Love, Harley

1 comment:

  1. Harley, YOU are one very SPOILED, but loved doggie. Good thing I got all those hugs/scratches behind the ears in last Sunday.

    ReplyDelete