Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Riding in a wreckshaw and great times of sharing

We just got back from lunch, through the monsoon, in a motorized "wreckshaw"...er, I mean rickshaw, :) I actually said "wreckshaw" upon arriving at our host home when they asked how we got back. A pretty good Freudian slip, eh? Really, it was a lot of fun. Jill and I grinned and giggled as out driver showed off his prowess by narrowly avoiding two near head on's w/ a truck, and a broadside collision.

A friend's advice prior to the trip is helpful, "I figue these guys want to live as much as I do, so I try to relax." Our Australian host said it like this about driving, "What used to be close calls aren't close calls anymore." What an unbelievable high speed choreography!

Our time of sharing with couples that want to help other couples went very well this morning. A very engaging group, hungry to grow their own relationships and to be helpful to others. After ample feedback, we are reassured that what we've been given to share is actually helpful.

I'm taking some hits for the team by feeding mosquitos. They are sucking me dry (ankles, elbows, knuckle, etc.). I've been too stubborn to apply repellant until today after one attendee tired of watching me scratch and gave me his supply. Oh well, they aren't bothering Jill.

I was the only one to exercise the society (apartment building) pool this morning. Locals looked at me like I'm crazy. Later I learned that they believe that swimming during monsoon is likely to make me sick unto death. Nope, don't think so. The water is warm, and the exercise badly needed.

Off to take a rest, as our friends say, then up for tea with another new friend. Such lovely people living lives of sacrifice for a purpose higher than themselves.

love and blessings, Jeff and Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment